Friday, September 5, 2014

R.I.P. Joan Rivers..

Joan Rivers was one of my favorite comedians ever.  I loved her snarky, sarcastic and yes sometimes mean sense of humor.  She said things that other people may have been thinking but were too afraid to say, and made it funny.  She made fun of everything and everyone, but her favorite target was herself.  She was strong and she was a fighter.  And she was a fashionista.  She will be missed.  Her daughter Melissa said Joan's favorite thing was to make people laugh.  She more than succeeded.  In honor of Joan here are some favorite quotes...


1.  "I wish I had a twin, so I could know what I'd look like without plastic surgery."

2. "I don't exercise. If God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds on the floor."

3. "A study says owning a dog makes you 10 years younger. My first thought was to rescue two more, but I don't want to go through menopause again."

4. "You know why I feel older? I went to buy sexy underwear and they automatically gift wrapped it."

5 ."My grandson is mad at me. He’s mad at me because I squandered his college fund on Spanx. It’s a lot, but there’s a lot going on here."
6.  "You know you’re getting old when you buy a sexy sheer nightgown and don’t know anyone who can see through it."
7.  "Thank God we're living in a country where the sky's the limit, the stores are open late and you can shop in bed thanks to television."
8. "I succeeded by saying what everyone else was thinking"

9.  “People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.”
10. “I’m no cook. When I want lemon on chicken, I spray it with Pledge.”
11.  “There are many self-help books by Ph.D.s, but I hold a different degree: an I.B.T.I.A.—I’ve Been Through It All. This degree comes not on parchment but gauze, and it entitles me to tell you that there is a way to get through any misfortune.”
12. “When you get older, who cares? I don’t mince words, I don’t hold back. What are you gonna do to me? Fire me? It’s been done. Threaten to commit suicide? Done. Take away my show? Done! Not invite to me to the Vanity Fair party? I’ve never been invited!”
13 "A man can sleep around., no questions asked. But if a woman makes 19 or 20 mistakes, she’s a tramp.”
 14. " I have become my my own version of an optimist.  If I can't make it through one door I'll go through another door-or I'll make a door.  Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present."
15.  "Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century."

R.I.P. Joan.....





 

No comments:

Post a Comment