Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Why I love Yoga




Hello Lovelies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  Here in Cali its hot and humid and just plain ugly.  A really lazy and sort of depressing kind of day.  This got me thinking about things that cheer me up on a day like this.  Shopping of course, but what about when shopping isn't an option?  The first thing that came to mind was yoga.  I started doing yoga about a year ago.  I was under a lot of stress and wanted to try exercising to let off some steam.  Not being all that motivated when it comes to working out I chose yoga thinking it would be "easy."  HA!  Easy is not a word I would use to describe yoga.  Nonetheless, I fell in love and have never looked back.  Now being broke and on a budget taking a class wasn't an option.  No worries, Youtube has a million ways to practice yoga, (and any other workout you may be interested in).  I honestly had no idea what I was doing and then I found Tara Stiles.  If you've never heard of her, she runs Strala Yoga in NYC, and is nicknamed the Yoga Rebel because of her innovative approach to yoga.  Tara has several videos just for beginners.  Short and to the point they are easy to follow and a great way to begin.  I was hooked and was soon doing Tara routines daily. 





 I soon found that not only did I have less stress, but my posture was better, I was sleeping and eating better and I felt overall just better.  I had this inner peace that I hadn't had before.  After awhile I was doing yoga in the morning, after work and before bed.  I started branching out and trying new types of yoga, longer practices and even got into Pilates.   Its been a year, and I'm still doing yoga.  I do yoga first thing in the morning, then an afternoon practice and a stretch before bed.  Shopping is still my number one go to stress reliever anxiety reducer, but Yoga is the place I go to just, well, breathe.  Theres a myth about yoga that you have to be super flexible to do it.  Not true at all.  It doesn't matter how flexible you are its about breathing.  Flexibility builds the more you practice.  Try it you might just fall in love with it too!  So is there a workout that you would recommend?  Send me a message and let me know.  Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment