Monday, May 5, 2014

Changes

Hello Lovelies!  I hope everyone is having a great Monday.  Since my last post I've made some changes to my life that I'm hoping will be for the better.  I've been working at the same job for six years this month.  I have never loved it, but for the last year or so it has become almost unbearable.  I blame this on being taken over by a new company,  I used to be able to go to work and get through the day fine.  My job was boring but easy and the people I worked with were great.  Then the devil bought the company and the place literally went to hell.  I won't go into details but it is a miserable place to work.  I found myself having anxiety attacks and looking for reasons not to go.  When my son got sick last summer I took a six week leave and noticed that even without the paycheck I was calmer and happier.  I went back to work and the stress started again.  In January my son's health problems started again, my mother became ill and a 6 year relationship ended.  Stress doesn't begin to describe what I was going through.  Long story short I had to make a change and I knew it.  Sooooo last Monday I quit my job. 





I had been thinking about it for awhile and I knew it was time to make a change.  The thing is if something is making you so miserable and its something you can change, I think you definitely should make that change.  If you stay with anything that makes you unhappy after awhile you are choosing your own unhappiness.  What I realized is that my son needed me at home more than I needed to be at a job that was making me miserable. There are a million jobs out there that can pay me just as little as this one.  Difference is that there will be one that won't make me as unhappy. 






I truly believe that you have to take a chance once in awhile.  Yes I gave up a paycheck to live on financial aid from school for awhile, but I know I made the right decision just by how much better I feel.  Since I quit work I've started a regular workout routine, I go for walks and spend time with my son.  Of course I shop.  That will never change.  As a matter of fact as I'm writing this I'm trying to decide whether to buy the three cute dresses I found at Wet Seal.  But, I also know I'll have to slow down on the shopping.  That will be hard but worth it.


So basically that's where I'm at right now.  I firmly believe that God nudges us in the direction we are supposed to go in.  If we don't listen He gives us a push.  I think that He's been nudging me for awhile and I finally decided to listen.  So now I'm taking time for me.  I'm finally healing from my breakup, I'm trying new things.  I'm focusing on my son and school and am going to start going back to church.  I know this won't be easy and finding a job in Cali is no small feat these days.  But life is too short to stay in a place that literally sucks your soul away.  So yes, I think I made the right choice.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment