Thursday, April 24, 2014

CVS Addict...


 Hello all!  Its another beautiful day in Cali!  I hope all of you are having a great week.  I've had a pretty hectic couple of weeks with school and my son.  Not much time for shopping.  Not clothes shopping anyway.  One type of shopping I seem to always have time for is drugstore shopping.  CVS in particular.





I realized I'm kind of a drugstore junkie.  I'll go in for one thing I need and come out with five bags full of things.  Makeup, lotions, body wash, bobby pins.  You name it I've bought it.  I've always been this way.  There's just something about going to CVS, I literally cannot walk out with just the thing I originally went in for.  I try to be good.  I really do.  I start heading for the right aisle, and all of the sudden I'm on the makeup aisle.  I spend a lot of time on this aisle.  I literally could look at makeup for hours.  Of course there's ALWAYS a promotion.  And if I buy this item I'll get $3 extrabucks, plus points for more extrabucks from the beauty club.  So, of course I buy the item.
I  remind myself to get going and get what I came for, and am immediately sidetracked by the beauty aisle.  I've tried every cleanser, moisturizer, toner, and exfoliater known to woman.  Even though I have my favorites that I use regularly the packaging and treat of something new gets me every time.  And of course I'll get etrabucks and beauty club credit for this too so why not right?
Ok, now I'll get what I came for after a quick trip down the hair care aisle.  This is a dangerous one for me.  I cannot leave the tore without a new shampoo, hair color or some kind of hair accessory.  Sometimes all of the above.
You would think that would be enough.  But not for me, I have to check out the lotion aisle where I usually find some kind of lotion for my purse , I look at all the body washes and remember I have a coupon so I grab one or two, then of course there's nail polish.  I have always been this way.  Even in high school when I wasn't buying clothes I was at CVS buying makeup and hair products.  There's a certain rush when you buy anew mascara or eyeshadow or even a body wash that isn't the same as a fashion spree rush.  Maybe its because the beauty products are more easily justified?  I don't know.  I just know that I am a drugstore junkie and I think I always will be.  I've had plenty of opportunity to feed my addiction lately.  My son has been sick and I've had to pick up quite a few prescriptions.  This has given me a chance to indulge in some serious drugstore beauty shopping.  Some things were needed some weren't I found a way to justify all of them.  Most recent buys"













No comments:

Post a Comment