Friday, April 11, 2014

Guilty Pleasure...Victoria's Secret




Happy Friday!  It's another beautiful, although hot Spring day in Cali. Another perfect day for some online shopping.  I have a confession to make.  I love Victoria's Secret.  Actually you could say I'm a Victoria's Secret addict.  It all started on a trip to the mall (where else?)  Just laid off from a job that I loved, and feeling a little depressed, I decided some retail therapy was in order.  So tax refund in hand , I set off for the mall intending to buy just a "few" things.  You know what they say about best laid plans.. Well yeah so anyway.  I walked into Victoria's Secret intending to buy just a couple of pairs of shorts.  I had hopped there before of course but not often.  On this particular day they encouraged me to apply for the credit card.  Thinking "why not" because I'd get 20% off I happily agreed.  I never once thought I'd be approved, until I was.  The rest as they say is history.  My addiction was born.  It started that day with some sweats, shorts and tees.  I managed to put the card out of my mind until another trip to the mall and VS beckoned...





Now I admit I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to clothes.  I'm always looking for sales, but lingerie is a different story.  That day I converted to VS lingerie and have never looked back.  My credit card is constantly at its limit and I don't even stress on it.  I buy full price and sale price and any price.  I collect the Angel reward cards like some people collect stamps.  I have a closet full of free totes, make up bags and whatever other freebie they happen to offer at any given time.  I have one whole drawer devoted to VS tees, another devoted to their bras and till another devoted to their panties.




Yes I buy the matching sets, and truthfully I have tried other brands but in my opinion none are as comfortable or flattering as VS lingerie.  I buy their clothes as well and am somewhat addicted to the Pink line.  I'm actually wearing VS Pink sweats right now and live in them on my day off.  The only comparable line I've found for fit and comfort is Old Navy.




So there it is.  I am a Victoria's Secret addict and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  This is one guilty pleasure I'm not giving up any time soon.  I sleep in VS p.j.'s and live in VS lingerie.  So yes, I'm a broke fashionista, but hey at least my lingerie is cute...



No comments:

Post a Comment