Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Job Search Is On!





Hello everyone and Happy Thursday!  Thank goodness the weekend is almost here!  So, I've been working at the same place for quite awhile now.  It used to be an ok place to work.   It was great if you were in school like I am.  But, the company was bought out and everything changed.  Hours were cut, incentives were taken away and it has become almost unbearable to go to work everyday.  On top of that the new company is doing some pretty shady things actually some downright illegal things.  So, I've decided its time to move on.  I've spent the past week sending out resumes and looking online at every available position.  Then I started thinking.  Now would be a good time to look for a job that I would actually like.  I'm in school so I really only need something part time.  I'll hopefully be working in a law office within the next few years, so why not put my love for fashion to work? 
So I started sending resumes to different stores in my area.  To my surprise I actually got called for an interview yesterday.  Its been awhile since I've had a job interview so I was a little nervous.  And I started second guessing my decision.  When I walked in the store I knew I was home.  All the beautiful new Fall styles were calling to me.  The atmosphere was perfect.  I knew in that moment I had made the right choice.
The interview seemed to go well.  I won't know for another week if I made it to round two.  That's fine.  I'm just glad to have made it to round one, because whatever happens with this job, I know this is what I want to do while I'm finishing school.  I honestly wish I had done this sooner, maybe when the place I work for started acting shady or eve n before that, like when I found my current job.  Its ok though.  I'm doing it now and that's what matters. 
We'll see how this goes.  I'll be posting updates on the search.  It may or may not turn into a career who knows?  But for a broke fashionista, retail is the perfect job to get through school.


All pictures are from Google..

No comments:

Post a Comment