Friday, August 2, 2013

My Passion For Fashion...



I have always had a passion for fashion.  I am a fashionista from birth.  As far back as I can remember my favorite hobby has been shopping.  I took playing dress up to a whole new level.  Just putting on a grown-up dress was never enough.  I had to have the whole package.  Shoes, accessories etc.  I drove my poor mother crazy with my fussiness over outfits.  Even in kindergarten I had to wear just the right thing.  If I didn't like something my mom picked out world war three broke out.  So yes, this passion for fashion is something I've lived with my entire life.  My obsession with clothes just grew as I grew.  I watched movies for the clothes, who cares about the plot?  What was she wearing?  My idol was and is Audrey Hepburn.  Her timeless elegance never goes out of style.  I've gone through all of the trends and made huge fashion mistakes.  But as I've matured my passion has also.  I've learned that not all trends work for all people.  What looks good on someone else may not look good on me.  I've learned to accept that no matter how much I may love something on the mannequin it may not love me.  I've accepted that this passion is not going to die anytime soon or at all.  I have embraced my fashionista and that is why I've started this blog.  This is my place to express my love for fashion.  All fashion, street style, vintage, runway editorial.  I am a student right now on a very limited budget, so as you can imagine my addiction has caused me some financial woes.  So welcome to my little world.  I'll be sharing my fashion triumphs and tragedies.  I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment