Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Bad Day Does Not Equal A Bad Life..

Sooo today was not the best of days and I felt myself slipping into a semi state of depression.  Its funny how one person can affect your whole day.  Even someone whose opinion should not matter at all anymore.  I found myself in this situation today and I admit it has been getting the better of me.  Then I saw a quote "Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life."  I really needed this because its true.  Am I really going to let someone who has not even been a part of my life for a long time affect me this much?  Yes and no.  This person is my child's father and he said some despicable things to me that I am having a hard time shaking off.  Still, I know the choice is mine.  I can cling to this and let him belittle the things that I've accomplished and subsequently ruin the very things that I enjoy.  Or I can shake it off, consider the source and move on.  I (after a few hours of boiling anger), am choosing the latter.  Yes he ruined my day, something he's always been good at, but its one day.  Lesson learned here is they are exes for a reason.  If they were a jerk when you were with them chances are they are still a jerk and always will be.  Sharing a child does not change that.  So all that being said, like cleaning out my closet, this piece of trash is going to the "get rid of pile" too.  Thank you for listening to my rantings lovelies and have a beautiful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment